Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Another One of Those Things That Keep Me Up At Night

I find that during my energetic morning walks I need to walk directly in the center of the road (returning to the side of the road only long enough to avoid early morning commuters). If I don’t I can feel my body leaning in the direction of the crown of the road toward one side or the other. I then subsequently feel the conscious effort I must make to lean my body back toward the center of the road.

This, of course, detracts from the general walking experience, and usually causes me to lose my place in my book, upsetting the basic flow of the narrative.

You wouldn’t think the crown of the road would be so pronounced that your body would react that way, but it does, or mine does.

File this under "Another one of those things that keep me up at night."

No comments: