Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Game's Afoot

I have this rich aura about me, these invisible emanations, these waves of effervescent particulate matter that affects inanimate objects, or more particularly, affects a single inanimate object.
I have discovered during my aggressive morning walks that my mere presence causes a particular street light to flicker and blink off as I approach it, then to sputter and cough back to life again after I have passed beneath it.
I can deduce only two possible causes for this anomaly. The first, of course, is the aforementioned emanations, which have the aforementioned affect on the aforementioned object.
The other possibility is that some sort of creepy nocturnal machinations are occurring in the white colonial home hidden behind that cone of light.
My guess. Doubtless some kind of experimentation is being conducted on alien bodies dug up from a nearby gravel pit site. A guard, presumably dressed in green army fatigues, controls the light from inside the white colonial to keep curious passersby from discovering their nefarious nocturnal operations.

The game is afoot my friends. No, wait, the door is ajar. No, wait…

No comments: